Proper and Improper Use of CMMI
When implementing CMMI, Are you seeking . . .
- Improvement or Compliance?
- Empowerment or Definition?
- Clarity & Awareness or Constraints & Rigidity?
- Bottom-up input or Top-down direction?
- To understand whether what you’re doing is working? or Whether you’re doing what the process says?
In this case, we also value the things on the left more.
The things on the right are a longer road, with questionable benefits and many risks. The things on the left get you to benefits and value sooner with less carnage and baggage.
Take your pick.